SoccerSoccerSoccer
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael Ballack Agrees New Deal At Chelsea

Go down

Michael Ballack Agrees New Deal At Chelsea Empty Michael Ballack Agrees New Deal At Chelsea

Post  YaSSiN Sun May 31, 2009 8:05 pm

Michael Ballack has confirmed he will be staying at Chelsea for another year after agreeing a one year contract extension with the club.

The German told the BBC that although he had yet to sign the deal, the agreement was in place for him to stay, saying, “I haven't signed yet but I have agreed for another year.”

The midfielder also revealed that he was expecting Carlo Ancelotti to be named as the new Chelsea manager and tipped him to be a success at Stamford Bridge.

“It's not done yet but it looks like he will be coach,” he explained.

“I haven't worked under him and I don't know him very well but you can see from the work he has done at Milan that he is a successful manager.”

The news is a further boost to the Blues, who ended their season on a high yesterday by beating Everton at Wembley to win the FA Cup.

Ballack appeared as a substitute in the game and he insisted that the Blues could win more silverware next season as there was very little wrong with their squad.

“There is not much that we need to change to win the Premier League next season,” he said.

“We have a great team, which is the most important thing, but we have to change the manager again and we will need a bit of time to adapt.”

The German captain also warned Manchester United that his side would be a major force in the Premier League title race next year.

“We know that United are a very, very good team, and they have a good year behind them, so it will not be easy,” he admitted.

“They have won it three years in a row, which is a big thing, they can play with confidence and it looks like it is getting easier for them.

“But we have showed this season, especially in the Champions League, that we can play really good football too.”

Ballack also insisted that the club would not need to spend big this summer, as they have plenty of quality players already in west London.

“I don't think we need to buy anybody because we already have a lot of good players on the bench,” he added.

“That is for the club to decide but, if you look at the performances over the last couple of years in reaching finals, we have a really good squad and are heading in the right direction.”

Michael Ballack Agrees New Deal At Chelsea MichaelBallackNew4

YaSSiN
Admin

https://letstalkaboutsoccer.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down